In the event that your baggage is missing or damaged by the negligence or willful fault of Jin Air, you may get compensation in accordance with the Jin Air Baggage Compensation Rules.
Depending on your itinerary, the Montreal Convention or Warsaw Convention applies to the liability of Jin Air.
If your baggage is damaged, you have to report it in writing to the airline within seven days of receiving the baggage or in the case of delay or loss, within 21 days after placing your baggage with the airline, and submit the baggage receipt
The following items shall not be held liable for damage, loss, delay, or any damage arising from carriage.
- fragile or perishable items, health-related medicines
- Too heavy or too much content for bag capacity
- sports items not wrapped in the hard case (exclusive packaging containers) and instruments checked in as baggage
- Expensive personal electronics such as laptop computers, cell phones, camcorders, cameras and MP3s, or their data
- cash, jewelry or valuables, stocks and bonds, documents such as contracts and papers, passports, ID cards, samples
- priceless articles of value, such as antiques.
- Film damage caused by X-RAY scan during security process
- minor scratches, dents, stains, stains or straps arising from routine baggage handling, exterior locks, name tags, accessories